- We believe the Bible is God’s Word, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
- It is accurate, authoritative, and applicable to our everyday lives.
- Deuteronomy 4:1-2; Psalm 119:11, 89, 105; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 22:29; John 5:39, 16:13-15, 17:17;
- Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 1:1-2, 4:12; 1 Peter 1:25; 2 Peter 1:21
God (The Trinity)
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things, and He exists in three co-equal Persons:
- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He has existed in relationship with Himself for all eternity. God is totally loving and completely holy.
- 1 John 5:7; John 1:14, 14:28, 16:28; John 15:26; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 61:1
- We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal spirit, perfect in love, holiness, justice, and grace. We believe that He is all-knowing and all-powerful.
- We believe that He mindfully and mercifully concerns himself with the lives of humankind, that He hears and answers our prayers,
- and that He offers salvation from sin and death through Jesus Christ.
- Luke 10:21-22; Matthew 23:9; John 3:16, 6:27; Romans 1:7; 1 Timothy 1:1-2, 2:5-6; 1 Peter 1:3; Revelation 1:6
Jesus, The Son
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only One who can restore us to God. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings.
- We believe the unconscionable beating and violent crucifixion of Jesus was in our place--the full, fitting payment for our sin.
- 1 John 1:7; Revelation 1:5, 5:9; Colossians 1:20; Romans 3:10-12, 23; 5:9; John 1:29
The Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, co-equal with Jesus and the Father in the Godhead.
- We believe the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son, convicts the world of sin and promotes righteousness and judgment.
- The Holy Spirit is our omnipresent, omnipotent helper, comforter, and guide to all who believe in Jesus.
- John 14:16-17, 26; 15:26-27; John 16:9-14; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19; Galatians 5:22-26
- We believe that mankind was made in the image of God. Every human personality is uniquely created, possesses dignity, and is worthy of respect and Christian love.
- Genesis 1:26-30, 2:7, 18-22; 3:1-24; Psalm 8:3-6, 51:5; Acts 17:26-31; Romans 1:19-32; Ephesians 2
- We believe our sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
- As a result, man cannot attain a right relationship with God through his own effort.
- Genesis 3; Psalm 32:1-5; Isaiah 6:5; Jeremiah 17:5; Romans 3:10, 3:23, 5:12; 1 Corinthians 15:21-22
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness from God and new birth, we must repent of our sins,
- believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
- Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16, 3:8; Titus 3:5; Romans 10:9-10; Acts 16:31; Hebrews 9:22
- We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ: His death, burial, and resurrection.
- Salvation is an unmerited gift from God, not earned by good works or any human effort.
- Whosoever calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.
- Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16, 3:8; Titus 3:5; Romans 10:9-10, 13; Acts 16:31; Hebrews 9:22
- Baptism in water by immersion is a direct commandment of Jesus and is for believers only.
- Baptism is an ordinance symbolic of the Christian’s identification with Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection.
- Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; Mark 16:16; Acts 8:12, 36-38; 10:47-48, Colossians 2:12
Baptism In The Holy Spirit
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit, as promised by Jesus to all believers, is a gift received subsequent to new birth (salvation).
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit enables Christ followers to fully utilize public and private spiritual gifts
- for the furtherance of the Church and for personal spiritual growth.
- We believe the evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.
- Joel 2:28-29; Matthew 3:11; Mark 16:17; Acts 1:5, 2:1-4, 17, 38-39; 8:14-17, 10:38, 44-47; 11:15-17, 19:1-6; 1 Corinthians 14
- Salvation makes us righteous before God. Sanctification is the development of Christ’s character in us through an ongoing process of yielding to God’s Word
- and the Holy Spirit. Hebrews 12:14 tells us that "without holiness no one will see God."
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 5:23; 2 Corinthians 3:18, 6:14-18; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3; Romans 8:29, 12:1-2; Hebrews 2:11
- We believe in the power and significance of the Church and the necessity of believers to meet regularly together for fellowship, prayer, and the "breaking of bread."
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives
- which is to worship God, fulfill our role in the Church, and serve the community in which we live.
- Matthew 16:18-19, 18:15-20; Acts 2:41-47, 5:11-14, 13:1-3, 14:23, 16:5, 20:28; 1 Corinthians 7:17;
- Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:19-22, 3:10-12, 5:22-32; Colossians 1:18, 3:15; 1 Peter 5:1-4; Revelation 21:2-3
- Daily health and divine healing were purchased by Jesus’ atoning sacrifice
- Wisdom for the healthy stewardship of our bodies and divine healing
- by the laying on of hands are available to every believer.
- Psalm 103:2-3; Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 8:16-17; Mark 16:17-18; Acts 8:6-7;
- James 5:14-16; 1 Corinthians 12:9, 28; Romans 11:29
- We believe a person’s eternal destination of either Heaven or Hell is determined by their response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 5:3, 12, 20; 6:20, 19:21, 25:34; John 17:24; 2 Corinthians 5:1; Hebrews 11:16; 1 Peter 1:4; Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 19:20
- Scripture uses words like “everlasting fire,” “torment,” and “wrath” to describe Hell.
- We believe Hell is a literal place. Eternal separation from God happens there.
- Matthew 25:41; Mark 9:43-48; Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 14:9-11, 20:12-15, 21:8
The End of This Age
- At the ascension the angels said, “This same Jesus will come back in the same way you saw him go into Heaven”. Acts 1:11
Resurrection & Rapture
- We believe in the resurrection of the saints and rapture of the Church. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says, “...the dead in Christ will rise first.
- After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds
- to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.”
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
The Reign of Christ
- Following the tribulation, we believe Jesus will physically and visibly return to Earth as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- Revelation 20:6 tells us Jesus’ followers will reign with Him for a thousand years as kings and priests.
- Matthew 24:30, 26:63-64; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8; Revelation 1:7